Held at the impressive America Square Conference Centre, Kocho’s Microsoft Identity Roadshow rolled into London this month.
A crisp and bright February day. The Shard and Tower of London offering an iconic backdrop. And, identity issues high on the agenda for our first roadshow event of 2023.
It was a day of updates and insight from some of the leading experts in identity and access management (IAM). A day of presentations and workshops dealing with some of the key trends and burning issues that dominate the IAM landscape.
Of course, we also found time to unwind, network, and share a drink or two in the bar. After all, it’d be rude not to, wouldn’t it?
Getting under the skin of Microsoft Entra
Top of the bill was Ian Paramore, Principal Product Manager, Microsoft Identity and Network Access.
His keynote provided delegates with a tour of Microsoft Entra, the new family name for Microsoft’s IAM products.
The keynote covered:
- Developments within Azure AD and the critical role it plays in security, authentication, and conditional access.
- Using Microsft Entra Identity Governance for access control, simplified provisioning, and lifecycle management.
- Managing and securing workload identities.
- Permission management in a multi-cloud environment.
Ian also took the opportunity to provide an update on Microsoft Identity Manger (MIM).
Still widely used, Ian offered reassurance that MIM will continue to be developed and supported until at least 2029.
There remain legitimate reasons for MIMs continuation and there’s no panic to look at alternative options.
That said, as features grow more available in cloud solutions like Azure AD, it makes sense for MIM users to start thinking about the long-term.
Keeping your organisation secure and your users happy
In addition to the keynote, delegates were also treated to some expert thoughts around the critical role IAM plays in security, governance and user experience.
There was certainly no shortage of knowledge at the podium. Imparting their considerable wisdom were:
- Kocho Solution Architect and Technology evangelist David Guest.
- Kocho’s Head of External Identity, Marcus Idle.
- Saviynt’s Senior Technical Specialist, Serge Kerremans.
Each exploring themes such as:
- The importance of privileged access management.
- Implementing zero trust identity management principles.
- How Azure AD improves security and user experience for customers and external partners.
- Identity governance made easy, and the cost of getting it wrong.
25.6 billion attempts to hijack enterprise customer accounts were blocked by Microsoft in 2021
Principal Product Manager, Microsoft Identity and Network Access
Workshops, demos, and discussion
As well as an expert demo on the features and benefits of Verified ID, delegates could choose to join discussions about:
- Managing external identities with Azure AD.
- HCM provisioning and automating identity JML processes.
Our Microsoft Identity Roadshow is well underway in London. A day full of great identity sessions and workshops! ? @MicrosoftUK @saviynt If you missed out on today’s roadshow, join us at the next one ? https://t.co/8nIHKYwVh7 pic.twitter.com/xwERIUoF74
— Kocho (@KochoTech) February 8, 2023
A chance to network, talk shop, and enjoy a tipple or two
There was certainly plenty of amazing content to digest throughout the day.
But also plenty of opportunity for discussion and the sharing of knowledge from likeminded professionals.
And a glass of something cold at the bar before heading out into the fresh London evening.
Find out more
Sign up for great content and exclusive invites
Subscribe to the Kocho mailing list if you want:
- Demos of the latest Microsoft tech
- Invites to exclusive events and webinars
- Resources that make your job easier
Des Lekerman is Kocho’s CEO. Des spearheads the company’s growth strategy and vision. He’s passionate about finding ways to help people work smarter and communicate better.
Latest business news and stories
Got a question? Need more information?
Our expert team can help you.